Ombudsman Service Procedure
Step 3: Outcomes and Sanctions
Step 3: Outcomes and Sanctions
Outcomes will depend on the documentation submitted, the evidence presented and, if applicable responded to, at the round the table discussion or hearing, and the severity and frequency of the complaint; and on factors which include:
- the Unified Code of Industry Ethics or Unified Coaching and Mentoring Industry Core Competencies clause(s) against which the complaint was raised.
- the weight of the evidence.
- the wishes of the Complainant.
- whether there have been one or more previous grievance, dispute or complaint received against the Respondent for the same, similar or other clause(s).
If there is insufficient evidence to uphold the grievance, dispute or complaint, the result of the complaint will be documented as completed. The Ombudsman Service will provide all parties with the details of the Outcome and remind the Respondent of the expected Code of Conduct through the Unified Code of Industry Ethics or Unified Coaching and Mentoring Industry Core Competencies.
Outcomes of the complaint may include a single or combination of the following:
- Resolved through facilitation
- Resolved through discussion
- Resolved through information shared
- Resolved through information shared during the discussion or hearing
Where the grievance, dispute or complaint is upheld:
- in a Facilitation (Step 1), the Head of Ombudsman will contact the Complainant and request confirmation that the Complainant wishes to take their grievance, dispute or complaint to the next step and raise a formal Complaint.
- In a Complaint (Step 2), the outcome of the complaint will depend upon the wishes of the Complainant and the determination by the Panel.
- After the discussion or hearing, the Panel will convene to agree the outcome.
- Within 7 calendar days of the discussion or hearing, the Panel will create the Outcome or the Outcome and Sanctions document.
- Within 7 calendar days of the Outcome or Outcome and Sanctions document being created, the Head of Ombudsman Service will approve the document.
- Any changes requested by the Head of Ombudsman Service will be concluded within 7 calendar days of point 3.
- On completion of the review and approval of the Outcome or Outcome and Sanctions document, the Head of Ombudsman Service will notify all parties, within 30 calendar days of the date of the hearing, in writing of the Outcome of the hearing and provide the Outcome or Outcome and Sanctions document.
- The Head of Ombudsman Service will update the IRCM Register (Complaint Summary, Complaint Details, Outcomes, and Sanctions Raised/Lifted) will all relevant information.
In line with the IRCM’s Disciplinary Procedures Sanctions may be awarded against any party involved in the Formal Complaint - Respondent, Complainant, and/or Third Parties.
Where Sanctions are issued, it is done to ensure that each party receiving one or more Sanctions reflects on their involvement in the detail of this complaint and works towards raising the Standards, Confidence and Excellence in the coaching and mentoring industry.
Any and all sanctions will be clearly stated and noted in the IRCM’s Register (Complaint Summary, Complaint Details, Outcomes, and Sanctions Raised/Lifted).
Where sanctions have been applied against one or more parties in the Formal Complaint, the party can apply for sanctions to be lifted when the conditions have been met. The Head of Ombudsman Service will seek evidence of compliance prior to lifting sanctions. The party will be informed in writing of the lifting details and the records will be clearly stated and noted in the IRCM’s Register (Complaint Summary, Complaint Details, Outcomes, and Sanctions Raised/Lifted).
Error: Contact form not found.
© 2020 International Regulator of Coaching and Mentoring CIC. All Rights Reserved
Version 4: August 2020