As part of the procedure in Step 1 and Step 2, the Ombudsman Service will agree a resolution between the Complainant and Respondent or determine one or more Outcomes. Where the Head of Ombudsman Service/Appeals with the relevant Panel determines a finding and the Outcomes, the decisions will depend on the documentation submitted, the evidence presented and, if applicable responded to, at the round the table discussion or hearing or appeal, and the severity and frequency of the complaint; and on factors which include:
- The industry-recognised Codes of Conduct (standards and ethics) and/or the industry-recognised Coaching and Mentoring Core Competencies clause(s) against which the grievance was raised.
- The weight of the evidence.
- The wishes of the Complainant.
- The response from the Respondent.
- Whether there have been one or more previous grievances received against the Respondent for the same, similar, or other clause(s).
The Head of Ombudsman Service/Appeals will provide all parties with the details of the Outcome which will include a reminder of the expected Codes of Conduct (standards and ethics) and/or Coaching and Mentoring Core Competencies of each individual/organisation within the coaching and/or mentoring industry.
Each grievance will be identified as a specific Type of Complaint. The Outcomes determined will include one or more of the following:
- Resolved through facilitation
- Resolved through discussion
- Resolved through information shared
- Resolved through information shared during the discussion or hearing
If there is insufficient evidence to uphold the grievance, the result of the grievance will be documented as rejected.
Where the grievance is resolved the Outcomes will include an explanation on the resolution and all related Codes of Conduct (standards and ethics) and/or Coaching and Mentoring Core Competencies clause(s).
Where the grievance is upheld the Outcomes will include the details that support the decision(s) and all related Codes of Conduct (standards and ethics) and/or Coaching and Mentoring Core Competencies clause(s).